
Hi there! Some things have happened since I passed the white place and ended up at Elna near the Cote d'Azur. These days I tried to survive the Pyrenees, and I think I actually did pretty well. With my 20kg luggage I could cycle almost painlessly up to 4% and the steeper things I mainly walked to save my back. Although this is definitely not the best way of organizing a cycling trip it was doable. Sometimes I could even enjoy the views more than usual because walking I didn't have to concentrate on the road that much. The descends were of course also better than ever. The real problem arose as I got the point that the Spanish coast after the Pyrenees seemed to be equally or even more hilly for a couple of days extra. This didn't do me any good. Still, which I didn expect is that this part of the coast is very beautiful to cycle. Another thing that happened is that I didn't organize any Couchsurfing this week. Combined with the backproblem and doing the Nacional-II together with a lot of cars almost all joy disappeared these days. I was not having a lot of fun for the first time since the start :( Of course there still were some highlights of which the best one a beautiful lonely beach (cala), the sand, the sun, like a fairytale or a dream a girl appearing out of thin air in her bikiny and disappearing in the water behind some rocks. Not to forget some amazing wandering in the amazing city of Barcelona last couple of days. Anyway, after a lot of thinking and feeling (yes sir!) I decided to take the bike for a last time tomorrow with about half of my luggage to try to find some flat Spanish roads. If I still don't have any fun or my legs keep being hurt I take the bus to my cousins Floris and Inge in Motril in Andalucia. This could be already tomorrow, after 3 days, two weeks or a month, whatever it will be. Well, that's it for now folks, hope to give you some more positive news next time. Geert
save your health Geert. That is the most important thing. I think going to motril by bus is a very good idea. Relax yourself there and continue your biking later if you feel better.
ReplyDeleteBest regards
Enrique